There are several events at the Museum this month:
Lyme Regis Fossil Festival (Friday 2nd to Sunday 4th May):
- Schools day on Friday with lots of activities for everyone over the weekend
“Know your Fossils” (Saturday 10th May):
- A talk and hands on experience of local fossils with the Museum’s geologists.
Mary Rose Coach Tour to Portsmouth (Thursday 15th May):
- Mary Rose Coach Tour to Portsmouth
- Coach leaves 8.30am from Holmbush Car-park.
- Booking to be confirmed and paid by 1st May.
- All attractions including coach travel – £32.00
- Mary Rose and Mary Rose Museum only including coach travel – £26.00
- Organised by the Friends of Lyme Regis Museum
Mary Anning Weekend (Saturday 17th & Sunday 18th May):
- Free entry on Saturday with lots of activities for everyone over the weekend.
- Build a “Brickosaur” with artist Darrell Wakelam (Costs £10 for accompanied children 6 and over).
- Fossil Polishing on the Terrace – Buy a fossil at pocket money prices, polish it and take home a personalised souvenir.
- Talks and new fossils to see.
A new art exhibition by Gail Sagman opens on Wednesday 7th May in the Rotunda, in conjunction with Lyme Artsfest. For further information about this and future exhibitions, keep an eye on the Exhibitions page.
This month also sees a full schedule of Fossil walks, Mary Anning walks, Lyme History Walks and Rockpooling walks.