Join Professional guide Natalie Manifold for a walk around Mary Anning's Lyme Regis. Learn about the life of 'the greatest fossil hunter ever known'. Explore the town as Mary knew it, see where she lived and where she sold her fossils. The walk follows the old paths and streets of Lyme and is moderately difficult with some steep slopes and approximately 20 steps. Flat shoes and waterproofs are recommended. The duration of the walk is approximately an hour and a half. Click below to listen to a walk preview.
Prices and Booking
Your Mary Anning Walk ticket gives you FREE access to the museum where you will be able to learn all about the famous early palaeontologist who once lived on the site of the museum, see displays of rare fossils and much, much more.
Full payment is needed at time of booking so please have your card details ready when you phone 01297 443370
Alternatively, UK residents may send a cheque for the full amount made payable to 'Lyme Regis Museum' to arrive at least 48 hours before the day of the walk. It is, of course, possible to make bookings in person at the Museum.
No refunds will be possible for bookings cancelled less than 48 hours before the day of the walk.
If, for any reason, the walk has to be cancelled by us then full refunds will be given.
Each walk is limited to 15 people and will last about one and a half hours. Walks can fill up quickly on the day so please call us and book a place before travelling any great distance.
Current Mary Anning Walks Timetable
- Saturday 5th July 1.30pm
- Saturday 12th July 1.30pm
- Saturday 19th July 1.30pm
- Saturday 26th July 1.30pm
- Saturday 2nd August 1.30pm
- Saturday 9th August 1.30pm
- Saturday 16th August 1.30pm
- Saturday 23rd August 1.30pm
- Saturday 30th August 1.30pm
- Saturday 6th September 1.30pm
- Saturday 13th September 1.30pm
- Saturday 20th September 1.30pm
- Saturday 27th September 1.30pm
- Saturday 4th October 1.30pm
- Saturday 11th October 1.30pm
- Saturday 18th October 1.30pm
- Saturday 25th October 1.30pm
- Saturday 1st November 1.30pm
- Saturday 8th November 1.30pm
- Saturday 15th November 1.30pm
- Saturday 22nd November 1.30pm
- Saturday 29th November 1.30pm
- Saturday 6th December 1.30pm
- Saturday 13th December 1.30pm
- Saturday 20th December 1.30pm
- Saturday 27th December 1.30pm